logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Learn how to trade or invest by asking questions

Old 06-16-2017,

Default Good Stock Market/Investing Books

What are some good stock market and or investing books? These can be textbooks or novels, etc.

Thx
Old 06-17-2017,

This question has been asked and answered many times, but a quick search only turned up this thread below.
http://www.onlinetradersforum.com/sh...ad.php?t=20170

Read back this guys threads, I guarantee you'll find much useful info, much of it investing/trading related zyzzyva57.
Thierry (The big cheese around here) has a bookstore associated with the forum, which has anything you need and it will help the forum if you purchase through there.
I know some of our expert data miners will be able to find threads where Books and Publications are discussed, I apologize for being a luddite.
Old 06-18-2017,

As a piece of advice, and this was I believe a point Horace made, in addition to technical and trading/investing material read some History of Wall St stuff. It will give you some perspective. Everybody I know in this business has read "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" by Edwin Lefevre and I can't recommend it more strongly. I also like "Wall St. A History" by Charles R. Geisst, it details the U.S. markets from the Origin of Wall St. to the fall of Enron.
Old 06-19-2017,

Thanks, I'll order Reminiscences of a Stock Operator since it's fairly cheap on half.com ($10 or so).

Also, what do you think about this book? It seems as a reputable source in fundamental and technical analysis. It's also used at Columbia's Business School program in a few classes. I believe it's also the book that got Buffett started.