logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Michael Casey’s Money Recaps

Old 06-18-2017,

Default Brand new TD Ameritrade account with $1,750.

I'm looking for tips and advice. Is the market entirely efficient in your eyes? I really don't have time to analyze 100's of companies financials. Should I go with a fund? What kind? What about emerging markets? Are they doing good? I really don't even know where to start other than guessing at random.
Old 06-20-2017,

I went ahead and bought 13 x DEM (high-dividend emerging market ETF) and 2 x VOO.

I still have $777.48 left to purchase. I don't want it to just sit there in cash.

I kind of just picked these two randomly. Maybe I should do more research next time? Or is that fruitless due to the efficient market theory? What would YOU pick and why?
Old 06-20-2017,

So over half of your acct is in 2 positions. My advice would be to save up another 1k$ and create option strategies that can spread your risk around and reduce your cost basis. Using 2500$ I currently have over 85 positions in 25 underlyings using only option strategies. Check out Tastytrade.com tons of archives for the beginner and it's all free all the time.
Old 06-22-2017,

so over half of your acct is in 2 positions. My advice would be to save up another 1k$ and create option strategies that can spread your risk around and reduce your cost basis.
Old 06-23-2017,

Using 2500$ I currently have over 85 positions in 25 underlyings using only option strategies. Check out Tastytrade.com tons of archives for the beginner and it's all free all the time.