logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search
Old 06-19-2017,

Default ETX Capital

ETX Capital

in Brokers / Spread Betting & CFDs
ETX Capital is a reputable brokerage firm based in the City of London, in the heart of the financial district. Established in 1965 as Monecor Ltd, and commenced in its current form in 2007.
ETX provides institutional, high net worth and retail customers with multi-asset market derivatives, trading through financial spread-betting, CFD, Binary Options and MT4 products.
Authorised & regulated by the British Financial Conduct Authority, ETX prides on having high quality customer service and its wide range of markets available.
ETX offers customers tight competitive spreads in a secure trading environment in normal market conditions. Through online trading for Forex, Indices, Equities and Commodities, with up to 6,000 global markets to pick from via three powerful platforms ETX TraderPro, ETX Binary and ETX MT4.
Old 06-21-2017,

They're just incompetent on every level.
Decided I had to prove address and ID to conform to money laundering regs, didn't email me, then froze my account. It took me a great deal of time and hassle for them to finally sort themselves out and get it right, (I live in Asia) but in the meantime, I'd had an open trade that was profitable turn into a loss because they wouldn't allow me to close/adjust the trade!! Very annoying. I could go on, but their service and trade platform is all very poor.
I'll stick with Oanda.
Old 06-22-2017,

They might promise 40-50 basis points spread either side of the bid/offer for their spread but in reality the proce you'll have on offer from their platform will be in the region of 180-200 basis points (almost 2p) either side of the bid/offer.
Old 06-23-2017,

Horrible broker unless you never want to withdraw money. It took more than two weeks, over 20 emails, a cancelled transaction (thank you xe.com) and 5 phone calls to get them to transfer the money to me. This is after taking 15 GBP for not making a trade. I also lost over $160 USD due to the exchange rate change from the cancelled transaction to the one I was finally able to make. No apologies, just slow response and terrible service.
Old 06-24-2017,

have been using ETX for a few months. Decent range of markets with good selection of equities. Spreads are pretty decent on major indices in-hours. Dont like the black background on the platform though which cannot be customised and if you run positions, the overnight financing is higher than most other brokers and they dont offer a hedging facility. Overall the customer service is quite decent and they dont charge for same-day withdrawals. On balance the positives though do outweigh the negatives IMO.