logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Michael Casey’s Money Recaps

Old 06-24-2017,

Default American Home Mortgage

Been in this quite a while (years) and it is following sub-prime issues down. Note the drop in the past few weeks. For those of you longer term, do a little finacial DD and draw some conclusions. I'm not ready to add to my position yet...we'll see how the week(s) play out.

Ex-d is 5 April.

Value increasing each drop and the safety cushion gets a little bigger. Still a sound company...we'll see what the future holds.
Old 06-27-2017,

Lou

I see that AMH has a 4.48% Div. In past years has there dividend stabel or have they droped it alot when things get tough? Just would like to know since you have been in this one for years?
Old 06-27-2017,

dividend has been a steady increase but I think it dipped back in 05 for a short time (not at my computer). Always pay it quarterly. Yeah, tocker is AHM...sorry 'bout that.
Old 06-28-2017,

I bought more early this morning. Likely premature even though I saw an increase throughout the day (gained over a buck after I bought----lucky). Sub prime issues and news coverage gets the emotional trading in play and this can be a head scratcher short term. AHM lowered their 2007 expectations, but I see a couple upgrades and better than expected earnings to pan out in reality.

As I said in an earlier post, this is not a "trade" for me and never has been. I like it as a long term "investment". Good luck.
Old 06-29-2017,

Just did a search on dividends and this is one of the threads I was brought to. Looked on Yahoo Finance and it shows a dividend of ~20%, looked at the bigcharts.com chart and it shows the same. Wow! May have to look into this.