logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Michael Casey’s Money Recaps

Old 06-30-2017,

Default Does vectorvest work?

They had a $9.95 trial last year and I bought it, it does a good screen based on their proprietary RSI that was pretty good, and I know a few folks from my local IBD meetup group that swear by it, but I do so many screens of my own I couldn't justify the $600+/yr fees. If I was short on time, I would more seriously consider it. Also it wasn't particularly Mac friendly.
It is very different from the tout sheets, it does a nice analysis, but it does not outright pick stocks for you. I does call market bias as well (tells you if the day is setting up to be good for longs, shorts, or to stay on the sidelines).
I find just subscribing to IBD to be more valuable overall. Hope that helps.
Old 06-30-2017,

I know this reply is a few months later but there is not much on this forum for vectorvest, so I thought I would put my 2 cents in.

I am a beginning trader, have been trading for about 2 years. I started with Vectorvest, quit for about 8 months and went back to it. I did not do well without it. I work full time and do not have the time to research stocks. Some of the stocks I have picked with Vectorvest have done fantastic, and later turned out to be picks by winning fund mangers that I read about in articles. I have read it is not geared for day trading or long term investing which I also agree. I am a swing trader, and I have always made more than the $60 a month it costs, sometimes with only a couple trades a month. I have tried gorrilla trades (they tell you what and when to buy, no thinking required) and Reuters stock screener (you build your own screens), but Vectorvest is a whole different thing. You use their proven screens or even tweak them more yourself, or build one of your own, and you make the decisions of what to buy. I love the analysis tools and the backtest you can run on any portfolio for almost any time period. All the loser stocks I have ever gotten stuck in, would have never been on a vectorvest list to buy. They provide tutorials on the website and there are local user groups to attend. My return on my investments with Vectorvest is about 100%. It would be more if I traded more regularly and if I bought 10 different stocks at a time but I don't have the 100k they recommend to start with. I did turn 10k into 20k in one year buying and selling up to 3 stocks at a time. I can't complain about that.
Old 06-30-2017,

if you go to wallstreejournal.com and on the very bottom they have a link that says "classic stock screener". if you click on that link you will be brought to what is called the exasperation of the RSI. as you know if u mix the RSI, moving average, bollinger bands, scrambled eggs with ham, burnt toast, fish, lettuce, and dehydronated ohh nooo james just hurt his knee! oh noo please help the sky light of zoron to fornicate heavy angle measures in buttery popcorn 8O
Old 07-03-2017,

My experience with Vectorvest has taught me to pay attention to MARKET TIMING. I know all about those "you can't time the market" pronouncements. Vectorvest has satisfied that argument to my complete satisfaction. There are probably better stock selection ideas elsewhere. I like ZACKS. If you use Zacks #1s, with high Vectorvest RT and only go long when Vectorvest issues a CONFIRMED BUY it's hard to go wrong.

I'm baffled by those who say it's overpriced or costly. I'll tell you what's costly, loosing money!

I hope this helps you.