logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Penny Stock Picks (trading under $2.00)

Old 06-21-2017,

Default Does Scottrade suck for anyone else in the morning?

Old 06-22-2017,

Any time I try to do an opening market trade I am met with issues. This morning I lost out on 5% profit because of them (It hasn't been the first time I've missed or lost money because of it).

I tried a couple of more times without success. Eventually I had to use the web based interface.

Can anyone recommend another broker that's cheap? I was leaning towards Investment Broker. They seem to offer far more when it comes to order customization, and are relatively cheap.
Old 06-23-2017,

Does Scottrade ever NOT suck. I too am looking for alternatives.

I couldn't believe it a few weeks ago when they were getting us all excited about a new FRONT PAGE. And they were TESTING it and it was all SO EXCITING. OMG. A front page, the one we never use you mean?

I hope they're working on a complete overhaul really soon or I am outa there.
Old 06-25-2017,

I'm not sure I follow you correctly.

I was trying to set a limit order after the market open. There seems to typically be a period of 15min-30min where I can't reliably trade (Order may not go through, takes forever to go through, unsure of price I'll actually get, etc).

I'm looking for reasonably low commission cost. I'm fairly active with trading (Multiple times a week, usually multiple times a day). I'd really like the ability to set some customized trigger options. I believe IB gives this (e.g. if stock rises X percent and has Y volume set limit price for Z only if action A doesn't go through).
Old 06-26-2017,
Administrator

Scottrade is funny at times. I am not a day trader so i cant tell you on the frequency of orders and the accurate executions on back and forth orders.
Looking at your screenshot you had an ODD LOT with a limit order that in itself can be tricky to execute and match against what they call best offer. I have had a similar issue once on an ODD LOT with a Limit order.

I am using Elite platform now and i like it, off course they can improve on that Elite platform as well. I remember once when using their web interface i couldn't log on before/after market open for 1 hour and the message on front screen had said Maintenance....Maintenance when the market is open huh.....so that tells you that their Networking staff is not on the edge like they should be.