logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Stock picks and trading strategies

Old 06-23-2017,

Default Go Fishing ,Go Shopping , Today's (Thurs) close will be FLAT

it matters none to me if we close flat, high,low or unchanged. a trader is at his best when he/she can be as calm as can be, desire nothing from the markets and trade what the market hands over.
you may have some type of intraday method that makes you money and i am happy for you. on the contrary, most newbie traders cannot handle the intraday preasures you are hyping about and will get their heads handed to them on a silver platter- even if somone is instructing them.(no punn intended for anyone here)
that said, you might want to consider this board a swing traders thread.
i don't disagree with your method, just wondering why you are here advising what the market is going to close like? futures traders trade like that, i dabble a little over at THE ELITE SITE where crazy stuff goes on and it matters where the market goes by the end of the day. if i hold (ge) why would it matter if the market closes flat?
just trying to understand what you are trying to do :?
Old 06-24-2017,

Ah get off yor high horse jacob. Whether it's traditional equity investing, currencies, options, futures, commodities, it all requires a person to GAMBLE their treasure. Some hold more risk to be sure, but that's why the reward is greater if done correctly. I'm just showing these guys how I trade, which is not crazy. More than anything, the most important thing I do is practice strict money management which never lets me lose more than 5-10% on any position. And I use a trading plan which limits my exposure to the Market to hours, never beyond that days close. And I get my Timing advice from a pro with a hell of a proven record , because Market timing is something that I personally have no clue on. He's right more than 70%, which so far has meant major positive results from my trades. Today for example the call at 2 pm was for a flat close, with no tradable trend. Check todays chart and see for yourself what happened. That advice kept me from placing a trade, so I went out and took a ride in the beautiful North Georgia Mountains. At 4 p.m. I turned on the radio in my car and heard the sweetest sound, "Today the Markets closed little changed with the Dow, NASDAQ, and SP 500 all down just 2 points." I consider that a great day in the Market and I never placed a trade.
Old 06-25-2017,

I just read your posts about the options (option oppurtunity), very interesting. Aren't you worried that what did you call them, oh yeah newbs, might get their heads lopped off if they use that option play. I'm no rookie but I was having a hard time following that one with the chart pattern. Anyway, it was good reading, lots of big words. My only observation is that most technical analysis is based on stuff that has already happened. It's like trying to drive by only looking in the rear view mirror. I like looking out the windshield when i drive. HooYAAA,( Al Pacino scent of a women, not the Cramer BOOYAAA, even though I like the way he uses it.)
Old 06-25-2017,

I say keep the same thread and update it each day. I'm sure someone will glean the info they need from it. That's what this forum is all about right?

"Forum members discuss their own stock ideas"

Start a new thread and post it daily.
Old 06-27-2017,
Administrator

I'll take general market concensus 2 hrs. before close anyday compared to ridiculous penny stock pump plays. ( You, sir are not one of those pumpers )
The point is, I like what you both bring to the table, my style being similar to William's, therefore I find it valuable info.
My take on your specific picks and more importantly concensus is that it is more useful to the sophisticated investor, of which I am not, I prefer to keep it as simple as possible.
Good luck to the both of you.