logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Penny Stock Picks (trading under $2.00)

Old 06-26-2017,

Default Anyone an action alert member?

I subscribe to Action Alerts Plus for about 9 months now. It is where Jim sends out e-mails to the members on his trading plans (if he's restricted to trade) he still lets you know what he would do if he could. He sends these out before he pulls the trigger. He has 25 stocks in his portfolio and members have access to look at it when they wish. Also on Fridays he sends out a weekly round-up. It's a look at his portfolio,he rates them by numbers 1 thru 4. 1 stocks he would buy more right now. 2 stocks he would buy on a pull back. 3 stocks he would sell on strength. 4 stocks he would sell A.S.A.P. With these weekly round-up he also sums up the week in the market,and offers a few opinions.
I like it very much,and it helped me a few times to buy/sell some of my holdings.
I will more than likely join again when my year is up.
I think it's still 399.00 per year,but sometimes it is 100.00 off. (that's when I picked it up)
Old 06-27-2017,

Is his radio show online provided for free or only action alert members? I was able to tune in to it for awhile but now it doesn't seem to work. I wonder if it is just a computer problem or is it restricted from us non-payers.
Old 06-27-2017,

The radio show is free, as long as you just register at thestreet.com

If you are trying to get it from work, it may be filtered or something like that causing it not to work. I know I can't get it at work, but at home it is fine.
Old 06-27-2017,

optimus25
I think it's worth it. I would try and get it when they discount it. Has it paid for itself...was your question? For me it did on a few occasions. I will get it again!!
If you have access to your email all day it's great. Sometimes you might get 2 or 3 emails from him a day, other days it quiet. I look forward to Fridays for the weeky round-up.
Old 06-28-2017,

I like Jim for entertainment, but his Action Alert results use to scare me back after the internet bubble. He was deep in the red for this total portfolio, and some stocks were way, way down (over 50%).

What have his returns been in the last few years?
Old 06-29-2017,
Administrator

He sold 3 or 4 today,one for a small loss. He picked up some shares also.
I can't tell you what they were,that would void my being sworn to secrecy. 8O

I don't buy everything he has in his portfolio,I do homework on my own and then decide. There are a few I wish I bought, and there are a few I'm glad I did not pick up. All in all I'm doing pretty good on the few stocks I did trade with Action Alerts Plus.