logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Stock picks and trading strategies

Old 06-27-2017,

Default LDK hit with a lawsuit

These guys got hit with a lawsuit after the former comptroller said they had overstated their inventory. A downgrade by Goldman followed and the stock dropped precipitously.
Here's my case for a buy on it,
1) The sector is enfuego and buoyed by the oil prices as well as the general "greening" of the political landscape.
2) Mr Peng the CEO and founder is the 6th richest guy in China and quite the dynamic individual, his ventures are successful and he is throwing his full weight into defending against the accusations.
3)LDK has hired an independent outside auditor to accurately report the inventories. This is an unusual step for a chinese company.
4) The company has large and ongoing relationships worldwide to obtain raw materials and provide finished product.
5) The stock price dropped 50% from it's high. I feel this is unjustified even if the allegations are completely true. A retracement halfway back to the high would still net 25% from current levels.

As always do your own research, and post back here if I have overlooked or misstated anything. I am a buyer this morning.
Old 06-27-2017,

I was reading a bit about this after you mentioned it yesterday. Purely technically today I was waiting for it confirm it's move from yesterday which it hasn't really done.

Do you know anything about the timeframe of a) the audit, b) the lawsuit?
Old 06-28-2017,

Audit is happening now, when it gets done is anybodies guess, lawsuit is much more difficult to predict, and considering I just said the audit is anybodies guess, you know what that means.
Old 06-28-2017,

With the heat, was waiting for ASTI to follow suit but seemed to sell off instead.

Breaking my rules today, I added to ASTIZ 3 times on the way down... FSLRs performance spurred me to this.

Yes, i may be delusional but I think ASTI has more to give at an attractive price point in this hot sector. When some get out of reach, the attention turns to the affordable ones... DSTI, ASTI (their warrants), ESLR and ENER... my attention will be focused here as FSLR reaches for the moon.

I think this herd mentality is responsible for DSTIs jump on no news.

We'll see.
Old 06-30-2017,

I got in today on LDK for no other reason than aiki said he had some. Maybe not the brightest trading strategy but I don't know crap about crap. So I figure with all the crap you guys sound like you know, it might just be worth something after all. I do wonder though, I traded a lot when I was younger. I didn't know anything. I did very well. (uhhhh, until I lost it all) And it seems like the more I read, research, and learn the worse picks I make. I fall "in love" with the wrong companies. So I think this time around I'm gonna do the 'dumb girl' thing and ride the band waggon with some of your picks.
Old 07-01-2017,
Administrator

Doesn't look like this is going to run anymore today. I think we'll see a run again on Monday that may be good for $2.00 or more before a pullback. If you didn't get in on my recommendation, I suggest you sit this one out. Its above the upper bollinger band, not by much and certainly by Monday the upper bollinger will be right around this level $16.75 or so.