logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Penny Stock Picks (trading under $2.00)

Old 06-29-2017,

Default Tropics? Oil? Alberto?

You might see a small bounce in the price of oil simply because this TS will make the hurricane season the salient issue once again. This effect, if it transpires, can be equated to the hurricane report 3 weeks ago that made oil jump, which was completely unwarranted, given it told us what we all knew a year ago, 2006 would be above average.
Old 07-02-2017,

I don't think oil should rise. This is a tropical storm, not a hurricane, and it is in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico while the oil refining and drilling infrastructure is concentrated in the western part of The Gulf. If anyone bids up oil on this storm they are effin' retarded and ought to be punched for the unnecessary rise in gasline that will precipitate.
Old 07-02-2017,

Your statement makes sense, however this market is not making any sense. Every time they do an inventory check there is plenty of oil, yet the price stays above $70.
If or when the price drops, Iran's leader is right on cue to help out his countries only/main export with some off the wall threat like closing off the gulf or nuking Israel. Then the commodities start trading on this speculation sending the price sky high.

In my opinion, this storm could blow over someone’s deck chair then fear from global warming junk science with prophecies of the end of earth will take over artificially sending prices high.
How much inventory do we need before these worries are squelched? Who knows?
Old 07-03-2017,

Nate my boy, NEVER short stupidity, there is more stupidity in the universe than Hydrogen and it has a longer half life. (paraphrased from the senate testimony of Frank Zappa)
I know this is sort of obliquely related to what you posted but it's still valid IMHO
Old 07-04-2017,

I wouldn't short until the stupidity was over. I've been trading long enough to know this. I appreciate the advice though. I have learned the hard way before to never underestimate stupidity.

It is still stupid for people to be pumping up oil prices when our reserves have been up for several weeks in a row. I guess we'll see the change at the pump.