logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Stock picks and trading strategies

Old 07-01-2017,

I decided to change my strategy and buy small holdings in more companies that I'd like to hold for a longer term, getting in when they are a bargain, if I can.
Old 07-02-2017,

Default What is your trading strategy in the current market?

Popular subject, eh? :lol:

Could that mean that a lot of your strategies are really just to have no strategy? Just go with the flow or whatever? I got all scattered and confused that way, watching Cramer gave me adult attention deficit disorder, so I had to make my play for that by buying into Starbucks. ROFLOL (Caffeine works for that, too.)
Old 07-03-2017,

Value mode. I'm not a trader by definition so my long term holdings are just that, "hold". I'm waiting for stocks to get cheaper then I go in and buy some more. I'm seeing that financials have shown a lot of weakness so I'll be looking for some nuggets there as well as some tech plays.

I've been watching TCG's picks and like what I've seen so far.
Old 07-05-2017,

I don't think my strategy has not fundementally changed. I'm looking for good companies with positive news, possible long term investments that I'm prepared to sell if they get too high - which I did with TM and failed to do with DNA!

I am currently still playing the gas & gas sectors - will be easy money for a while.

I'm switching a bit over to cash and more recession proof stocks though.

I have a bit in tech and I'm looking forward to the bestbuy announcement this week. I don't own bestbuy but what they say will pin action consumer tech all over the place. I'm selling all of this at christmas though whatever happens!
Old 07-05-2017,

I have been trimming back. I even sold half of my beloved Crucell this morning, and all my Valero yesterday, and selling Motorola if that dog reaches 22.75 today. I am now completely free of margin also, playing only with my own money. Contemplating a position in gold (NEM), maybe even palladium (PAL), which is way down.