logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search
Old 06-11-2017,

Default Wmt?

Anyone have a finger on why WMT is floating sideways lately? It's 2.50 above its 52 week low, reporting next month and I have to think it'll be a good report. I don't like to go there because they are always packed and when I drive past the parking lot, it's always full! Regardless of their retail sales, their food sales will probably be strong.

I just started a postion and plan on adding to it over the next few weeks.
Old 06-12-2017,

If you are a trader, wait till it breaks the lower trendline. If you are an investor wait till it breaks the upper trendline. In either case, it will likely go back to touch the trendline after the breakout. It may be a while before it makes a move though. Maybe after earnings are out, but I didn't like today's price action.

Old 06-15-2017,

I bought it as a dog stock around 2 weeks ago. I am waiting for a couple of down days here to see if it will follow the market, or hold its own and hopefully make the shorts cover. Thank you!
Old 06-15-2017,

Shorts? Not too many shorts out there on this stock.
Old 06-15-2017,

The hard part with WMT is that as it costs so much per share, one can't amass many shares with which to either short or go long with. $45-50 a share is a lot, unless one is flush with cash.