logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Charts, news and analysis (official contributors)

Old 06-28-2017,

Hey all, how's it going? My name's Michael. I'm brand new to the forum. And this is just what I was looking for, a place where people gladly shared their wisdom. So here's a stock that I've been watching for over a year now, & finally pulled the trigger.

Have any of you heard of this company? They're awaiting FDA approval on a medicine they created using medical cannabis, already proven to kill cancer cells, as well as proven safe. Once they released the information a couple of wks ago, the stock jumped 200% in one day. Since then, it's come back down to around .08. But thru the ups & downs, I'm still holding it for the long haul. I think this one could be a big winner in the future. The company is due to have a press conference soon, to announce everything. This would be a nice one to add to your list.

Btw, I was curious myself what the FDA's position was on medical marijuana. What I found was that they are 100% against the smokeable varieties, of coarse, because they can't approve street drugs. But if it comes from a pharmaceutical company where they can put their label on it, seems to be their thing. As a matter fo fact, if you read the articles, it sounds like the FDA is giving the company everything they need to help speed up the clinical process. It's like the drug has already been approved, under the radar.
Old 06-28-2017,

Default Cannabis Science, Inc. (CBIS.OB)

Doublereed, you're right, it's been in decline since forever. I've had this company on my radar for almost a year now. It's a fairly new company, and they're not bringing in any revenue yet. But they're new drug, which has already been proven to kill cancer cells, could bring in big profits with FDA approval. As a matter of fact, the FDA has already approved one cannabis-based medicine in the past, called Sativex, by a different company. So I see a lot of potential here.

The first time CBIS jumped was prior to the mid-term elections, which was in anticipation of the passing of Prop 19, which would've legalized marijuana in the state of California. Since it didn't pass, the stock tumbled. But I think the company is in good shape still, because I strongly believe that the pharmaceutical industry wants to take over medical marijuana.
Old 06-29-2017,

This stock is good for trading, not investing. I thought the cancer killer pr was filled with BS, but it made for a heck of a trade.

Sativex is approved in some European countries, but is still in clinical trials in the US awaiting to be approved I believe. They've been at it since 2006! CBIS will have to take the appropriate steps also. It is going to be a long process.
Old 06-29-2017,

Yes it would be a good bet IF FDA approves their product, but if I remember right they are not bringing in much if any revenue and they are spending a lot of cash on R&D. Without the FDA approval soon they will be filing for bankruptcy. So if you somehow happen to know 100% if and when the FDA will approve their products so they can start bringing in revenue then buy it just before then, but it's a gamble otherwse.

I agree that it can have some good technical trades left in it either way, but nothing long term unless FDA approval. You would get a nice pop in the stock just on the rumor of approval then it'll probably sell off on the news, then once it's settled it'd probably be a nice long term play.
Old 07-01-2017,

Well, hope you bailed on that wave.
You gotta admit, that was way more than your average spike. That was way out of range for the year. Just figgered it had something to do with SFIO problems.
.04 looks like it wants to make that the new floor.

CBIS makes too many crazy claims that will not bode well for the comany to play nice in the pharamaceutical World.
I just liked the SFIO and smokeless pot thing. Kill the smell and smoke one in front of Granny, at a base ball game or cock fight!